Sunday, October 23, 2011

Kile works in KDE window manager in Ubuntu! and the video cam, wireless, and microphone divices all work!

I got a surprise when I tried KIle in the kdm (KDE window manager or desktop). Kile latex IDE works fine in it and there are no more annoying messages about creating a default factory method. I can now insert math symbols selected from the left panel.
Its still the same 2.1.0 version of Kile. So I suspect that there were wrong settings for GNOME when I was still in Ubuntu 11.04.

This may now be my default window manager in my laptop while my ACER ONE still uses unity desktop. The system response is perceptibly fast!!

I went back to GNOME and I pleasantly discovered that I got my video and microphones and wireless working! Of course I updated my packages after upgrading to the Ocelot Ubuntu distribution. This may have fixed any issues with the softwares in the first upgrade.





No comments:

Post a Comment