Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Stellarium- a complement to Kstars

Let me tell you that my previous experience with Stellarium did not go well three years or more ago. It repeatedly crashed and I got some negative feelings over the software.

But today Stellarium redeemed itself. I was presented with a picture of a pasture in Paris and moving the mouse gave me fantastic various viewing transformations including fisheye view pleasures.

Stellarium will complement Kstars. Thankfully my harddisk (120 Gbytes) is large enough to accommodate the two or I have to pick up Kstars based only on familiarity.

When I wanted to visit Mars, I was presented with a Spirit panoramic view of Gusev crater collated from a lot of pictures.


I thank the developers of Stellarium for finally making Stellarium work flawlessly this time on the latest Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala OS.

Till then, we have to write more posts on both Stellarium and Kstars.

No comments:

Post a Comment